Queens Village is a mixed mainly residential middle class neighborhood, with a rapidly growing Filipino community. Originally this town was known simply as Queens. It wasn’t until 1923 when the Long Island Railroad station located at the junction of Jamaica Ave & Springfield Blvd added “Village” at the end to distinguish itself from the entire county of Queens.
Pictured is Gaby’s Pizza located on Hillside Ave, between the Hollis/Queens Village border. Since 1964 Gaby’s is one of the most popular pizzerias in New York City, visited heavily by celebrities & professional athletes.
Lloyd Harbor, in present-day Suffolk County, but then in Queens County, was known as Queens Village from 1685 until as late as 1883