Forest Hills Gardens is an upper middle class planned community within Forest Hills. The community founded in 1908 consists of 800 homes mostly done in Tudor style fashion. Forest Hills Gardens streets are private, but open to public traffic.
Pictured is the West Side Tennis Club located at 1 Tennis Place. The West Side Tennis Club was established in Manhattan and moved to Forest Hills Garden in 1913. The U.S. Open was played here until 1979.
Every June, Forest Hills Gardens holds a Children’s Day celebration at Flagpole Green.